Thursday, January 6, 2022

i was there, but i didn't put 2 and 2 together until now

i was going through some 2007 doubles a couple of weeks ago and found a stack of "generation now" cards from topps (side note - looks like topps is bringing the gn insert set back in 2022).  one of the cards was this one of russell martin:
i guess it's a big deal when a catcher hits triples, although martin had some baserunning skills early in his career, stealing 21 bases in '07.  i looked closer at the date of his second triple of the 2006 season and thought to myself "i think i was at that game". sure enough, i was. here's my ticket stub:
i wrote about my previous visits to coors field here, so i won't go in to any details.

it turned out that i also had a dupe of the topps chrome version of the card, 
so i moved that one to my "cards featuring games i attended" mini-collection, too.  here's the back:
can't say i recall the triple. i wasn't keeping score, either - just hanging out with my dad and some friends.

there are four refractor versions of the card - base, white, blue, and red - but i don't have any of those for the dodger collection let alone this one.

i am looking forward to 2022 topps being released so i can see if there are any other games i attended being featured. i hope so!

4 comments:

  1. How many games did you attend in 2021?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six. Two in mpls, two in Cleveland and two in Colorado

      Delete
  2. I'm amazed that you can even remember specific dates for games that you attended 15 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no it’s just that I knew I saw dodger games in Denver that year. Not that I knew for sure that was a day I was there until I looked at my stub.

      Delete