Saturday, May 29, 2021

if i could turn back time

if i could go back in time, i wouldn't want to do anything that might screw things up on a global scale like tell christopher columbus that there is no shortcut to india. instead, i would do small, selfish things like sneak a peek at my ancestors and invest in some stocks. i would also pick up multiple copies of cards like roberto clemente's 1955 topps rookie card and george brett's 1975 topps rookie card.  while i do have two of the latter, the former will likely never be a part of my collection, but i do have this card
as well as this one
that came my way from diamond jesters as part of his time travel trades.

both cards, as well as this dean chance card
are from 2001 topps archives - a set that i was all in to back when it was released. i selected these cards because i am not totally certain that i completed the set back then, and i'd like to make sure to have the complete run of archives/all-time fan favorites from 2001 through 2005.

i also claimed this 1957 topps card
for my set build. it's the penultimate card in the set, and adding it brings me down to needing just 58 cards. my set is 85.7% complete!

thanks for the trade matt!

6 comments:

  1. Just give me a few hours to hit up all of my local shops and Targets back in 2011. I would buy every 2011 Topps Update blaster, hobby, and jumbo box I could get my hands on... and be able to buy both of us Brett and Clemente rookie cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes i would definitely stock up on 2011 update. and 2018 update.

      Delete
  2. I sent those Archives cards to Matt - nice to see them find a home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the trade! I'm glad you enjoy the cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks matt. i hope the cards you received were enjoyable as well.

      Delete