Saturday, October 16, 2021

diamond kings, jesters, and a duke

diamond jesters had a post a while back in which he showed off cards from an actual pack of 2021 cards purchased in a retail setting! i commented on an interest in a couple of cards, and shortly thereafter i received a walker buehler
and pete rose
mailing in my mailbox. the rose features a dodger stadium shot, i believe. i could be wrong about it though. i am basing it mostly on the blue paneling behind the hit king, although it might not be the same as the old paneling used at field level in chavez ravine. whatever, it's the hit king!

matt also sent me a 1956 topps frank baumholtz card
as part of his time traveling trades. i requested this one for the tatooine collection, and then i remembered that i wasn't adding cards to that collection that predated the 1971 topps brooks robinson card that started the whole thing. still it's cool to trade for a 1956 topps card!

more recently, kevin at the diamond king posted a flash freebie in which i claimed a 2020 leaf draft fernando tatis card

turns out it's a gold parallel. tatis is my current favorite non-dodger, and i enjoy following his exploits. it helps that he is on my fantasy team and will be until my keeper rights run out on him in a handful of years.

and even more recently than that, i just received a couple of cards from gtt in exchange for my recent 'almost free stuff friday' post.  he sent a 1982 tcma superstars card of duke snider
along with a 1980 tcma all-time dodgers card of dazzy vance
great adds to my 80's dodgers collection!

thanks guys!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you like them! I seem to be on an unplanned blog hiatus right now, so it might be a while before I feature your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those "All-Time" TCMA sets. Always good to see Dazzy Vance get a mention on the blogs, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will usually feature vance if i have the chance. same for van lingle mungo.

      Delete
  3. Ha! That Panini pack was so forgettable I completely forgot I sent some out to people! Glad you're getting more enjoyment from them than I did!

    ReplyDelete