Sunday, December 13, 2020

for the love of all that is right and reasonable

please mask up and follow protocols to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus.

here in minnesota, masks are required in all indoor settings. catchers' masks don't count.
sorry, pudge. great card, though.

seriously, i saw a guy in a store a couple of months ago just wearing his motorcycle helmet (visor up). that's not good enough - for him or for those around him.

we are nearing the end of the scheduled four-week "pause" here, but the number of new cases remains high. it boggles my mind when i read or hear about people becoming infected after ignoring guidance regarding social distancing or limiting gatherings. even worse is when i read about those people spreading the disease to others. be better.

4 comments:

  1. We've been taking a lot of heat from family for skipping Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings this year. Even though hospitals are at or over capacity and small family gatherings are one of the most common sources of spread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at Target the other day for maybe five minutes, and I counted SEVEN people with their masks tucked under their chin or beneath their nose. This pandemic certainly hasn't helped my already low hopes for humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sad that some people are either selfish, stubborn, foolish, or all of the above. I try not to judge others... but dang these people who can't do something as simple as wear a mask while around others makes it very, very hard. The good news is I haven't encountered anyone indoors without a mask in over a month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, I feel fortunate I live in New York (and believe me, there are New Yorkers who do NOT feel that way at all). The governor has taken this seriously from the start and state citizens have followed suit, for the most part. It's a rare day that I see a mask out of place.

    ReplyDelete