Saturday, March 17, 2018

fair bene from foul bunt

i saw that william at foul bunt had a successful ttm experience with former dodger prospect bill bene. i asked william for the address, and he told me that he had a double of bene's 1989 topps card.  

i sent him a 1987 topps tom brunansky card that bruno had signed for me through the mail, and now i have one more signed dodger card for my collection!

bene (well, actually the dodger organization) left me disappointed when the dodgers picked him 6th overall in the 1988 draft.  i was really hoping that they would take robin ventura (he went to the white sox at 10).  the dodgers redeemed themselves when they won the world series four months later.

bene averaged just over one k/ip for his minor league career in which he reached triple-a in both the dodger and angel organizations.  he never did crack the majors, unfortunately.

thanks william!

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember this fellow at all, but I do like his signature.

    ReplyDelete