Wednesday, September 16, 2020

i've been to several national parks, but only one nationals park

one of my newest mini collections consists of cards featuring stadiums in which i've seen a game. i hadn't planned on kicking things off with nationals park, but the timing worked out, as it was three years ago today that i saw the nationals take on the visiting dodgers.  here's a card from 2015 topps opening day that originally represented the home of the reigning world champions in my collection:
it's from the stadium scenes insert set, and gives a good view of the ballpark. however, i've replaced that card with this one:
a 2019 topps 150th year anniversary parallel.  i was there a couple years before this card was issued, on septemer 16, 2017. i wrote about that visit here, and i'll go ahead and show the card that was made as a result of a cody bellinger home run hit that day again.
i recently picked up a second copy of that 2017 topps now card for my 'cards featuring games i've attended' mini collection. yes, another mini collection. i'll have another post about it in 10 days or so.

stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. I've been to Nationals park, but not a Nationals game. The NHL Winter Classic was held there a few years back and I watched the Capitals play the Blackhawks. Hopefully someday I'll be able to return for a proper MLB game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool. I missed the winter classic when it was here in MN.

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of collecting Topps Now cards for the games I attended. The only problem is that I think I've one been to two games where something happened that was worthy of a card being made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the only one so far that had a topps now card made, but I've been to a few other games that showed up on cards eventually.

      Delete