Wednesday, February 5, 2020

i need all of the kikés!

so there's been a lot going on over the last 24 hours, and in between refreshing mlb trade rumors last night and texting with fellow dodger fans, i browsed through images of 2020 topps cards. no sign of them on the shelves at the various targets and walmarts that i visited yesterday and today, so i have nothing in hand to show off.

i did find a lot of great looking cards that i look forward to adding to various facets of my collection, including what is my frontrunner for favorite card of the year:
i will build this rainbow! plus i need a copy for my dodger collection, my double play collection, and my dodger stadium collection.  send me your kiké cards!

there is one card i've seen that made me cringe - it is a colorized photo of a 1960's era dodger team that inexplicably has the numbers on the backs of their uniforms colored red.
i will make my annual plea to topps to put me on the payroll to edit their cards.

even so, i am looking forward to finding some packs to open.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any series 1 yet either, will be looking again after work tomorrow, I'm sure there will be plenty at the card show on Saturday, though that's less fun (for me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, that Kiké checks a lot of boxes for you! I don't plan on buying any packs, but I'll keep an eye at the local card show when I go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Kikê card doesn't really look much like Kikê. fwiw I noticed the Dodgers number color error last week in a video that Topps produced promoting the Million Card Rip Party. You think they'll issue a corrected version? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no intention of buying any blasters of the Topps flagship this year, but I did check the card aisle at Target yesterday to see if they had anything on sale. They didn't and they didn't have any 2020 Topps S1 either.

    ReplyDelete