Monday, September 2, 2024

hof benefits

i suppose it's no surprise that with todd helton joining the hall of fame that i would see some of his cards pop up on ebay. i moved a couple of adrian beltre cards around the time of the induction myself, and i am sure that other folks had the same idea.

luckily for me, one seller decided to part with this 2003 upper deck vintage helton card
which comes from the short printed 3-d sluggers subset. while i count my 2003 ud vintage set complete without all of the 3-d cards, i do like to add them when the price is right.

for whatever reason (lack of interest in rockies cards?), this one was won with a single bid and my collection is one card closer to a goal that will probably never be reached.

if you are wondering, i have a bunch of ichiro cards that will probably see the market in january when the class of 2025 is announced!

3 comments:

  1. Guess if I'm smart... I'll try and target some Ichiro cards before January :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "3D" cards that we very occasionally get like this these days. Maybe I appreciate them more because they so few and far between now. That's a great looking Helton and I hope you can add more to your set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll be letting go of some of my better Ichiro cards come January as well.

    ReplyDelete