Sunday, April 17, 2022

is this really happening?

cardboard connection shows 2022 topps archives being released in october of 2022 which is completely normal. what has me questioning things is this:
1978 topps! 1978 topps! 1978 topps! i am super excited.

i guess now that heritage is only five years away from being forced to use the design, topps figures it's ok to devote a third of the archives set to it. i am super excited to see the all-star shield (hopefully) and maybe even a brooks robinson appearance? nothing is too big of a dream now that topps is finally using the 1978 design in the set.

it looks like the other designs used for base cards are 1963 and 1987. yes, 1987. again. 

in other "i will believe it when i see it" news, cardboard connection also reinstated the april 20, 2022 release date for 2021 topps big league. could it really be possible that the toys have arrived from china and the product is being rolled out?!

is this really happening?

7 comments:

  1. 1987? I literally chuckled when I saw that. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose I can live with yet another '87 rehashing if it means we finally get to see the '78 design in Archives(!).

    I'm also in the "I'll believe it when I see it" crowd as far as 2021 Big League goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have two boxes of big league paid for - one i bought 11 months ago and another just last week. i am not sure i will see the one i bought in 2021 but here's hoping.

      Delete
  3. One would have to think that even the most ardent fans of 1987 Topps would be getting a little tired of all of these tributes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i would agree. at this point i would rather see 1988 topps which i think is one of the worst designs.

      Delete
  4. People seem to really like 87 for some reason. I thought it was sucky in 1987. I still think this today.

    ReplyDelete