Tuesday, August 21, 2018

buttoning up my collection?

i have mainly been focusing on my steve garvey collection when it comes to purchasing new cards.  it seems as though every week there is a rare garvey card posted for sale, so there have been more cards to ponder over than i had expected.

while i don't bid on or purchase every card that comes up for sale,  i did relent after watching this card for a while
it's a 2012 panini national treasures signature materials button relic, numbered to 7.  the seller had reduced the price with a best offer option, and so i used some stockpiled paypal balance money to add it to my collection.  it's the first and only button relic in my collection, but not the only card from this set that i've added this year.  i've had the "plain" version of the jersey/auto card numbered to 25 for quite a while, but picked up the "prime" version
which is also numbered to 25.  shenanigans to be sure on the part of panini, but i accept my fate as a supercollector.

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to add a button to my collection, too. Congrats on a terrific addition!

    ReplyDelete