Thursday, December 20, 2018

i've already had a blue, blue blue blue christmas

secret santa delivered some cards to me well before the holiday, which was great.
also great was that all of the cards were needs of some boys in blue.

you can't go wrong sending dodger card collectors blue-bordered parallels, and those clayton kershaw and cody bellinger cards up above from 2018 bowman look great.

my secret santa also finished off my 2018 bowman base dodger set with these two cards
both of which had also been on my 'nefarious nine' most wanted list.  well done!

another team set completed here - this time it is the 2018 panini chronicles score subset
the buehler looks great. even though there is no logo on the cap (no need to photoshop out the new era logo on the caps, though).  still, i could convince myself that the buehler would look the same on a topps card thanks to the angle of the photo.

last card in my gift package was this 2018 topps stadium club of now-former dodger tim locastro
his signature kind of looks like it says "in la", but tim is now "in new york" as he was traded to the yankees last mont.

thanks to matt at bob walk the plank for kicking this off and to jon at penny sleeve for your thoughts for carrying on the tradition! and big thanks to ketchupman36 from rekindling the cardboard flame for delivering a great secret santa package!

merry christmas and happy holidays!

5 comments:

  1. The team color matching borders always look so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always drawn to Blue bordered Dodgers and similar team appropriate parallels - they always look so sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those Blue Border cards. I'm anxiously waiting until the 24th to "open" my Secret Santa package. Technically the package is open and I saw the outer cards from the team bags when looking for a note or card that clued me into my S. Santa. My blog post will most likely post on the 25th. hopefully around Noon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love it when colored parallels match the team's colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the blue parallels looked really sweet looking in hand. Glad you enjoyed the cards!

    ReplyDelete