Saturday, December 1, 2018

art

for quite a few years i had a print of paul klee's 'farbtafel' hanging in my loft space.  i also had a mark rothko print in my bedroom, and a couple of other klee cubism works elsewhere in my house.  i am drawn to the colors and the geometric shapes of those and similar abstract works.

the other day i opened a few packs of 2018 topps gallery and found this ian kinsler card
i was immediately drawn to the background. this card is going in my collection as part of my 'cards i like but don't otherwise fit' category.

it's art. and it's my favorite card of the year - from the "other" team in "los angeles", no less.

4 comments:

  1. Kinsler looks more like his old teammates Michael Young and Frank Catalanotto. This is definitely an art card! Very unusual background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish more of the Gallery cards had backgrounds like this. The plain single colored backgrounds are really boring to me.

    ReplyDelete