Sunday, May 5, 2019

happy cinco de mayo!

sure it's mainly an excuse here in the states for people to go to kitschy mexican restaurants and overdrink.  whatever.  here's a 5/5 card of matt kemp. 
enjoy the red patches, even without any green or white to go along with it.

as an aside, i was able to attend a game in cincinnati last month, and i bore witness to kemp's first home run as a red.  he almost went deep twice, but just missed a second homer by a few feet.  old friend kyle farmer also homered, but yasiel puig was suspended so i missed out on any wild horse dingers.

viva la kemp!

6 comments:

  1. What did you think of the ballpark? It's one of my favorites. Did you walk through the Reds Hall of Fame?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't explore too much as the game was pretty entertaining. I did peruse the statues outside the stadium and walk the right field concourse a bit.

      Delete
  2. You've been to more Reds games than I have this year. And I live a short 5-10 minute Uber ride to the park.

    Wish I had known you were in town. Would have grabbed some grub with you and given you some cards.

    JT, The Writer's Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think about reaching out to let you know I was in town. Would have been fun to meet up.

      Delete
  3. Damn. That's one heck of a card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Maybe the market for kemp cards will tank again now that he's been dfa

      Delete