Monday, September 17, 2018

in support of catfishing

i don't really fish, and i certainly don't condone the luring of anyone into a relationship by way of a fictional online personality, but i do wholly support more cards of jim 'catfish' hunter, especially when they show him dealing in dodger stadium
that card may be my favorite from 2018 topps archives.  it features a photo of hunter from game 5 of the 1977 world series (the only day world series game in which hunter pitched at dodger stadium), and the only way it could be better is if it were featured on a 1978 topps design.

hunter was one of the first non-dodger players that i started a pc of, which is weird to think about now since my first awareness of him was him pitching against the dodgers in the world series.

i found another postseason dodger stadium photo on cardboard recently - on a 2016 topps stadium club lucas duda card
hard to believe that the mets won two postseason series (including the nlds against the dodgers) just three seasons ago.

2 comments:

  1. Cool action shot of Catfish! Hope I pull it when I bust open my Archives blasters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that Hunter was a Dodger Stadium card, I forgot to mention it in my post about Archives.

    ReplyDelete