Friday, March 23, 2018

the other steve that i collect

steve yeager was the primary catcher on the dodger teams of my youth.  he was a dodger for his entire career up until december of 1985 when he was traded to the mariners.  i already collect his dodger cards as part of my dodger collection, but i also collect cards of him as a mariner and other post-playing career non-dodger issues.  

such as this 2005 grandstand jacksonville suns card
it's a fairly short list (here's the link), but any help is appreciated, as i seem to have misplaced some of his more widely available mariners parallel cards, although i do still have the 1986 mother's mariners card.
such an odd look for the catcher of the team of my youth.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if he was related to Chuck Yeager... and thanks to Wikipedia... I just learned that they're cousins.

    P.S. Love 80's Mother's Cookies SGA cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd also wondered about a kinship. Thanks for the footwork, Fuji. Gotta love the Suns logo/colors. More than just bright!

    ReplyDelete