Friday, February 16, 2018

completing a team set is kind of a big deal

i recently picked up the 2015 topps archives will ferrell card that features him as a dodger
i've been slowly updating my want lists this winter, and knocking out team sets here and there as i go.  this particular card is a "one and done" team set, which is nice, however it made me remember how much i don't care for the 2015 topps flagship design.

i may or may not have crossed paths with a younger will ferrell in the late 1980's/early 1990's out in orange county as we apparently lived fairly close to one another. i would have paid him no mind, unless he was sitting in front of me at the edwards cinema.

but i digress.  while i've knocked one more team set off, this card reminds me of the nonsense that topps will publish while not being able to put vin scully on a non-autographed card of any kind or put the proper players (chris taylor) and players in the proper uniform on a non-short print (yu darvish) in their update set.  you see, i've got a fever, and the only cure is a better baseball card product.

3 comments:

  1. I am also a team set collector, and my team is the Cleveland Indians. I am always looking for new trade partners especially with fellow team collectors. Would you like to try and work something out? You can reach me at tim(underscore)gretchen(underscore)marriage AT yahoo.com

    Thanks, Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is a great example of one man's trash is another man's treasure. 2015 Topps baseball is my favorite design in the past 5 to 8 years. And I had a blast building the Ferrell insert set. I do agree with you on the Scully thing. Topps should have made a non-autographed card of him a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I was just gonna say I think the 2015 design is pretty solid, and in my eyes only looks better and better with what Topps has put out since.

    Also, yeah, I can't believe Vin Scully hasn't at the very least had a base card in Ginter. It's a travesty.

    ReplyDelete